Friday, February 29, 2008

Tea in the Rose Garden Tea Cozy: Front Finished

Well here it is! The front of the Tea Cozy with the embellishment finished!
I added simple stitches, beads and sequins to the lace to add color. I also used some square buttons with beads added to the middle.
I finished adding beads to the feather stitch. I also added a flight path for the butterfly and added some dark pink beads to the center of the floral print fabric.
I had used a vintage image from a CD I bought and added writing to the center with an editing program and printed it onto fabric. Then I just sewed it down applique style. I also started working on some pink clover tatted edging, I've never had to turn corners before so I need to look up something. Anyone have any clover corner links at hand? I'm tatting it up in size 10 Flora thread and wow am I not used to that large of thread anymore! It's so huge and bulky, but it looks nice around the label so I'm going to do it. And I'm waiting on a lovely hand painted Mother of Pearl button to arrive in the mail to add to a corner.

2 comments:

Kay said...

your tea cozy is so pretty.... I just love it and the tatting will be perfect! I've always wanted to learn that I admire those who keep these forms of art alive.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love the label, and I think the tatting around it will be perfect!