Saturday, May 24, 2008

Angel Lace: Friendship Block Finished

I've finished the block! I put in a photo without and with the flash just to show it better, it's hard to capture the true look of a block sometimes.
As you can see I've added more beads around, the lower right has dangling flowers and drops.
I've added Sweetheart roses in both 7mm and 4mm ribbon and some 4mm ribbon stitch leaves. I also added a feather stitch seam with gold lined size 15 seed beads. I took out the inner 6inch basting so that when it's framed it won't be seen and the block can be positioned just right, but I left in the outer 7 inch basting just to keep the edges in place.
I'm very happy with how this block has turned out, so elegant! Soon this will be off in the mail for TattingChic to enjoy!

***Update 28 May***Tatting Chic is so sweet when she got the block she gave a tour of the block on her blog! Click Here to see her tour!

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful! One more week of school, then maybe I can get back to my CQ purse. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Melissa, it's gorgeous, there are not enough words to describe how wonderful it is!!! I need to get my goodies off to you, too! This has been so much fun. I've really gotten a lot of joy out of tatting both the ice cream cone for little Bekah and the bookmark for you bible. Can't wait for you to get it and vice~versa.
Love ya lots,
TattingChic

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Oh what a fun exchange! And..your CQ block is to die for!

Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Raker said...

You are both so very lucky! The cq block is gorgeous and tattingchic's ice cream cone and bookmark are gorgeous! The bookmark will be perfect to go with the bible cover you are making.

Susanne said...

Melissa it is awesome, you have done a wonderful job and Tattingchic is a lucky girl. It is not something we do a lot here, I guess it must be a true American tradition doing CQ's.

Melissa said...

Susanne,
I don't believe CQ is only American, it's not very widely known here either, mostly us crazy quilters meet each other online from all over the world. I only found out about it because of the online community, much like the tatting community.

Maggie Ann said...

How gorgeous, what a treasure!

Maggie Ann said...

Just stopping by to say Hello...hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hi There, Melissa. I still get email updates on this blog post, LOL!

I see you have a fan
in Maggie Ann!
(Hey, that rhymes, LOL!)

I see your comment to Susanne and I just wanted to say that I remember seeing a beautiful Crazy Quilt that my Grandmother from Denmark had. She had brought it from Denmark from her. I think either she or one of her Aunt's made it. Anyway it had a lot of work, but it had a lot of black in it, which is too dark for my tastes, but the stitches were intricate. I enjoy the softer colors and fabulous embellishments I see today. It seems that crazy quilters of today have brought the art to a whole 'nother level!
Wow, I am just going on and on, aren't I? LOL!

~TattingChic ♥