Friday, May 09, 2008

Tatted Initials

I was looking through my tatting books and I have a really old one not sure if it's antique but I've seen here and there that it might be. Anyway it has an alphabet so as I was looking at them (again) this time as I looked I felt that I could try again and understand how to do it. So here are my tatted initials each took one tester and then the 2nd run was just right! I had to figure out how to do them since the patterns didn't say really how and back then they didn't know techniques we do now so it made me feel really good to know I've come this far to be able to understand how tatting works enough to do it and get the look I wanted! The "A" I completely changed the pattern so it works better and goes more with the "M". I think they go perfect on the back of the CQ Bible Handbag!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool. I like your tatted letters. They will be a beautiful addition to your already gorgeous CQ Bible Handbag.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the initials! I have patterns for some, but never have thought of a way to use them. I really like your idea!

Kathy Raker said...

Your letters are lovely on your CQ Bible handbag. You are so talented.

Beverly said...

You did an outstanding job!!!!!