Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Start of My First Doily!

I've decided it's time for me to tat a doily! I've started several times on one to get side tracked or derailed, but this time I'm committed to finish it! As you can see in the photo I've finished the center part of This Doily Pattern. I just did rounds 1 and 2 as one motif instead of separate rounds, to me it just seemed to make more sense that way. I'm tatting it up in DMC Cebelia size 30 thread, and this center motif is just under 2 inches wide!
Also TattingChic has promised to tat the doily up with me and we started a Tat-Along at eTatters for others to join in tatting the doily at their own pace too! This should be fun and provide lots of doily eyecandy, as well as seeing the many ways each person goes about tatting the doily. If there's anyone else who wants to tat it along with us join on in!!!

8 comments:

prairieknitter01 said...

I'm sorry if this posts twice - I got an error. I think the pattern is very pretty, but I was wondering if you used the same thread as recommended in the pattern? Thanks!

Andrea

Melissa said...

The pattern calls for size 30 and I happen to be using size 30 as well, but I'm sure you could tat it in any size you want to make it bigger or smaller.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

You are off to a good start on your doily. I wish I could join in, I haven't really tatted a doily either, but I have too many other things in the works right now. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

It's turning out so pretty so far. I can't wait to get started.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on starting your first doily. Just wait till it is done it is amazing the sense of pride and accomplishment it gives you. They can get addictive when you get to see such a nice piece of your own tatting.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Oh Melissa, This Tatted Doily lace beginning is soooo very pretty. Just perfect. Hugs Judy

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I hope my comment posts this time... I've been having trouble with Blogger for the last few days.

I love the start to your doily! I did look at the "larger picture," and I think it looks intriguing. I think I'll have to pass on this one, though. I'm too caught up in Iris Niebach's patterns!

Tatskool said...

Well done, a great start, lovely pattern.
I very rarely tat doileys but am tatting 2 simultaneously at the moment and the sense of achievement at making something large is unimaginable, so keep at it.