This motif idea came from the bit of lace when I was trying out different ideas. I added sweetheart roses so far and stitched in some stems and some of the leaves.
This little strawberry is going to act as a button closure, I'll attach a loop on the back side and I hope it works as planned. I made the strawberry out of a recycled girls dress that was blue cotton velveteen and had a red velveteen bow. I took the bow and cut off the corners then rounded the upper cut edge and sewed a running stitch along the top rim, stuck a large ugly recycled bead inside and cinched it up, then I added silk ribbon lazy daisy leaves and the Perle cotton stem is attaching it to the purse.