Thursday, June 05, 2008

Framing the Spring Challenge Block

Funny story...
As we were at the Arts & Crafts DIY place selecting and cutting the matting that you see above, I had placed the glass aside on the chair I had been sitting in to keep it out of the way and not get scratched while we play with the frame and the matting to see how things are coming along. Anyway decisions were made and while the matting is being cut I decide to sit and wait...I sit on the glass and it shatters...yes I sat on it!!!!!!!!! Thank God I did not get hurt! So now as you can see the matting is perfect it took quite some time to find this combo of light green and dark green that was within the budget and in stock but now I have to wait to get the glass replaced for it to be finished, which shouldn't be too bad. We called a glass place and it will be under $7 for a 16x16 piece. The matting and DIY cutting was only $12! Still even with having to buy new glass the total cost to frame is way less than having it done somewhere.
Anyway how do you like the matting? I think it's perfect and brings out the beauty nicely!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the colors of the matting look great. It's going to look SMASHING when you're all finished...Oh, did I say smashing? Oopsy! Glad you weren't hurt...LOL

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you weren't hurt... reminds me of the scene in Sabrina when William Holden sits down with glasses stuffed in his back pockets... ; )

Melissa said...

LOL I like that movie too!

Jackie said...

It looks great, that is one of my favorite cq blocks you have made! Very pretty!
Jackie M.

Anonymous said...

It's pretty and I love all the flower details. You're very good at managing the budget.