Friday, May 18, 2007

Split Ring Bracelet for Ashe'a

Here is the split ring bracelet I made for Ashe'a! She requested red and blue, this time as I made the split rings I worked the Shoe Lace Trick after each one. What you do is take the threads and tie them like the first part of tying your shoe laces! What that does is it makes the color threads swap places and that's how I was able to alternate the colors! The girls loved it and now I need to make Alece a new one since her's was the experimental-didn't-turn-out-quite-right one! For Ashe'a's I also attached a magnetic finding using jump rings. The magnetic finding is much easier for the girls to open and close on their own wrists.
I had a lot of fun making it and it will be fun to make Alece a "proper" one with all the upgrades! LOL

No comments: