Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year and Ornaments

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I wanted to share a few ornaments, first the one I made on Christmas, I had the idea to make an ornament from a button cover. I embroidered a bullion tipped lazy daisy poinsettia with size 15 gold lined seed beads. Then put it together with an extra layer of felt so that I could bead on the edge of it. Then I beaded with size 15 clear seed beads for the loop and for the bottom and used glass pearls and clear Swarovski crystals. I love how it turned out and I think next year's ornaments will be made this way! You can kind of see the scale for size next to the Christmas lights and the gold ball ornament on the tree.
Next is the wonderful ornament Wendy made for me!!! I love it and I'm so thrilled to have a handmade ornament from a friend I love so dearly. As you can see it goes perfectly on my tree!
Here is a close up photo of the detail of her work! Just look at all that stitching she did! Hours and hours of work filling in that poinsettia and it's stunning! It is truly a special treasure that I will always have to remember of when our tradition started.

No comments: