Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Heart for Elizabeth: Embellishment Finished

Here is the Heart with the embellishment all finished! Here is the before embellishment post.
This little Tatted Cross that I tatted in a variegated size 80 DMC tatting thread is a pattern that Elizabeth Zipay created and shared on her blog. The pattern is intended for a larger thread size so it was a little difficult to do in size 80 but I did it AND doing it in "front-side/back side" tatting! The tiny little cross is only 1 inch from top to bottom!
I also did two seams with feather stitch in green floss and size 15 seed beads in gold.
In this area I added some lace to a seam with some flower sequins with gold seed beads and also stem stitched the world "Loved" in variegated rayon thread (which was a pain to do it in!!!) and added a little gold dragonfly bead.
Here I took green bugle beads and sewed them on in the shape of an "E" and added a tatted doodle flower that I just made up with the left over thread on the shuttle from tatting the cross and I sewed a gold bead to the center. A basic rings only starting with 10-5 then onto 5+5-5 and ending 5+10 to total 5 rings leaving no space between rings. Simple but cute.
Here I cut out a rose shape from some pale green vintage lace and added heart sequins with milky seed beads.
Click Here to see the finished Heart Applique

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's so lovely! The tatted cross looks great :-) Kudos to you for tackling it in size 80 (that's actually the size I usually use for it), but it can be a challenge.

Bonnie said...

Thank you for showing us everything up close. I really appreciate it.

Lilla said...

Thanks for looking in.
Be loading some more silk embroidery soon. I think you are very clever being able to do tatting, I am darned if I can, tried a bit.
Have a shuttle or two so maybe I'll get to do it one day.
anyway have a blessed week
aloha Lilla

Kel said...

Great crazy quilt. Wonderful stitches, you're talented. Glad I stumbled upon this blog.

jadedvintage said...

The cross is my favorite!