Thursday, May 13, 2010

Monogram Tote Bag: J

Here is yet another Tote bag for a birthday girl in my Small Group!
Her fave color was purple so I created a purple shabby flower to embellish her monogram. She also loved polka dots so I chose a green with white polka dot fabric for the J I thought it would compliment nicely. Then I had a piece of Hen & Chicks Tatted Edging that I had tatted and saved in my stash and since Jessica is creative herself and does crochet I thought she would enjoy some tatting, who knows she may want to learn to tat! She already wants to learn embroidery! LOL
Anyway I used purple fabrics for the shabby flower and a printed organza that had purple flowers on it. I cut out the flowers out of the print and the frayed sheerness of the organza acted like a lace element! I used a large purple bead in the center of the flower! I also made a small bud to go with the flower and it is using a small flower shape with some scraps of the organza in the center just gathered in the center.
Then on the handle I tied some strips of the organza fabric and a strip of purple fabric!

No comments: