Monday, October 12, 2009

Applique Monogram Tote bag

I started a new gift for my small group girls birthdays this year, last year was a tatted heart necklace and this year will be monogrammed tote bags! I got a set of ocean blue totes that are the perfect size and I'll personalize each one as their birthdays come! The first one is Amanda!
I used Word to get a large letter in a font that I think she will enjoy and printed it out. I then cut out the "A" and traced it onto fabric. Amanda loves green and things that are unique. I cut around the "A" leaving fabric to needle turn the applique on.
Here is the finished applique, I hand sewed it into place. It was a little tricky, but I think it turned out well.
Then I cut out some different sized circles and created yo-yos, trying to be random but with unity (LOL is that a contradiction? LOL) and placed buttons on top of them, all of which is hand sewn into place. Anyway I hope she loves it!

No comments: