Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lillian's Hankie Block: Finished

I've been working on Lillian's Hankie Block for a few weeks and it's finally finished! Now I'll be looking for a frame to do it justice! If you'd like to see everything closer click on the photos.
I added bead work to the hankies, on the purple flowers I added green beads to the centers and on the blue flower hankies I added pink seed beads to polka dot it and I removed the pearls I had added previously.
I created SRE motifs on either side on the doilies using the sweetheart rose (pink), fly stitch fern (light green), some ribbon stitch flowers (dark blue), beads for sparkle, pearls, and I tried a new stitch a loop with a knot that turned into a wisteria flower using different amount of wraps french knots (light blue).
I also embellished the silkie by adding loops and ribbon stitches for the bows on the ladies. I also added some beads to the lilac in one of the ladies hair, and appliqued some lace for her shawl as well!

6 comments:

TypsTatting said...

What a stunning piece of work. Just love the embroidery and the work that you put in it. It is just beautiful!!!!!1

Lil said...

It's lovely! Can't wait to see it framed! Wow- what a treat to be hangingin on my wall.

Ann Flowers said...

Gorgeous! I love it!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Debbie said...

Melissa, this is gorgeous! Love the way you did the silkie. Debbie (Maine)

❦TattingChic said...

This is wayyyy cool! I think it's so pretty and what a wonderful way to put all those vintage hankies to good use!
I've got a stash of vintage hankies with tatted edgings somewhere...hmmmm...

Jackie said...

Sooooo pretty!!