Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monogram Tote Bag

Every year I like to create a gift for our small group girls that is something they all get yet I can personalize it to each one as well. So here is another Monogrammed Tote! This girl is a new girl who I've only met a few times so as I was putting it together I was trusting that the Lord was helping me create something that she would love.
What I did was go through my fonts in Word and picked the one I liked best, printed it out, then traced it onto the black and pink polka dot fabric, and cut it out. Then I appliqued it using my sewing machine with a zig-zag stitch made of small stitches because I wanted to fray the edge. It's not perfectly done, but that adds to the edgy-yet-pretty style I wanted.
I used some white vintage ruffle lace to tie onto the handle and also a little piece patched onto the 'C'. Then I attatched a flip-flop charm, and a mother of pearl carved bird nesting at the top!
I hope Correna loves it, and that it helps her feel welcomed as a part of our small group!

No comments: