Monday, November 09, 2015

Future Artistic Endeavors

Found some inspiration at Michael's! The purple gem with the Mermaid Tail sparked an idea for a Mystical Mermaid Treasure themed piece with an ancient old world feel with some sunken treasure! I can't wait to get to work on it! Abalone and Tarnished Silver inspired color theme!

I want it to be visual story that as you gaze at it you can dream up a story!  So you won't be seeing the mermaid herself!  I want that part of it to be left to the viewer's imagination.  I love art that invites me to daydream and I hope that I will be able to create something like that in this piece!

I still have the Wandering Rose Memorial to finish and another Series that I have an idea for as well that is more about capturing the experience of specific types of wine and visually translating that.  My idea for that one is that as you gaze at it you are feel like yup that is exactly how Merlot or Chardonnay or Champagne tastes and is like with all the nuances!  Very subjective but I'm excited about that series as well as this new Mermaid one!

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Michaels is such a dangerous place to visit! However, it does give inspiration!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I stumbled on your blog via Pinterest and your CQ piecing tutorial. I hope you continue to blog about the art you are creating. I CQ, but not in the traditional romantic way. I haven't quite found my style, but I am getting there. Your last several, though sporatic, posts have encouraged me to continue on the path I am on.

You really are an artist and I think I'll follow along and hope that you share the progress of your newest piece.

Happy New Year