Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mr & Mrs Pillowcase Set

Here is another gift set of pillowcases I made. I really like how these turned out. I used a typical "embroidery" 180 count pillowcase set and pre-washed them and I have no puckering issues.
I got this Mr/Mrs pattern from Floresita too, if you haven't visited her pattern blog, Vintage Transfer Finds, you are in for a treat! Thank you Floresita for taking the time to make these patterns available to use.
I used the Sulky Iron-On Transfer Pens and traced the pattern onto the back side of the printed pattern in the Green and Brown pens, that way if any of the lines show it won't be that noticeable. I traced lightly so that the line would not be too thick.
I took 2 shades of green DMC floss and used 2 strands in the stem/outline stitch to embroider in the letters. Using the darker green for the Mr and the lighter green for the Mrs. Then I added delica beads that are kind of cylindrical and double stitched (made 2 passes through them) each bead on. Since the end of the pillowcase won't be slept on I figured it would be safe to use beads, and I love the sparkle they add.
I couldn't decide which of the photos to use so included both with flash and without to show the sparkle of the beads.

No comments: