Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Strength CQ Block: the idea and piecing

Well I was challenged to create a piece of art to represent strength in my life so I thought about it for a bit and drew out my idea. My dear friend Christina says that I'm like one of those trees that has really deep roots and can't be blown over easy. That is how I feel no matter what happens in my life my faith is unshaken even when it feels like a hurricane!!! That strength only comes from God and is only possible though a relationship with the One who loves us more than we can imagine!

"The LORD is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." - Psalm 28:7

"The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace." - Psalm 29:11

"O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." - Psalm 59:17

Then I pieced 3 blocks one green 3x11, a brown 3x11 and a sky 8x11 so when sewn together they are 11x14 a typical size for framing.
Here is more of my idea for the tree. I have no idea how it will actually be done! I want to make the trunk out of crushed velvet and that's all I know right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those scriptures you've chosen are lovely! I look forward to seeing the progress on this piece. You are a very talented needle artist, Melissa!

Kathy Raker said...

A perfect piece to express your unshakeable faith which only comes from the Lord.