Saturday, February 28, 2009

Strength CQ Block: a ton of work done

I've gotten a ton of work done on this project! First I started by getting the roots hand sewn on, and then I moved to hand appliqueing the tree trunk. Which was so easy since watching that hand applique vid on YouTube! I just can't believe how simple it really was I had some idea in my head that applique was hard! LOL Then I adjusted the top added another velvet piece and pinned it.
I feather stitched around the sun and I'm going to add little seed beads to it too.
I also added a "carved" initials for me and my hubby in a heart! I also added some beautiful oya flowers to the special spot.

4 comments:

Jane said...

It looks as fabulous as it promised to in your last post, I just love the leaves

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love the way you were able to make your design on paper into a wonderful work of fabric art!

LadyV said...

This turned out beautifully...Your work is lovely and expertly stitched as always.

Vee
http://brokenneedle.typepad.com

Unknown said...

This is so cool, Melissa! I love the tree! Look at that cute carving with yours and Gerard's initials! How sweet is that!? Love the flowers, too! :)