Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tatted Towel Edging Row 1 and Starting Row 2

I started a new project! Since we are redoing our guest bathroom and I decided I wanted a boutique-ish feel to it so I'm doing green paint with white accessories to really pop and mirrored/crystal accents too. I found a great ruffly lace shower curtain and and oval mirror that we painted white and chrome fixtures. What I needed was a lacy white towel! I was inspired by these towels at Victoria Trading Co. but I thought one that I made would be more special plus I love tatted edging! I wanted something longer than a typical edge so I looked at all my books. My faves are always the hen & chick patterns so I found an extended version in Georgia Seitz's book "Tatting on the Edge and Beyond". Here is a great tutorial provided by Mimi Dillman for Hen & Chicks if you are interested in trying it out they have a great online class for beginners!
When I finished the simple hen & chicks row I tatted a sample of the other two rows to see how big my picot for joining should be, it also give you a little taste of what it will look like!
Oh and I'm using DMC Perle cotton is size 8 for the look I'm wanting.

No comments: