Friday, November 02, 2012

I've Joined the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013!

I've decided to join the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013!  I have noticed that without something to motivate me I tend to put my creative stitching in the background.  So when I saw the announcement that registration for this year's project I decided to join it.  It simply provides motivation to create a block each month with only a few minimum requirements so your free to express yourself yet giving you motivation to create something new each month!  Even if you don't want to join if you follow the blog you will get to see some pretty eye-candy and the year progresses.  The 2013 blog is http://cqjp2013.blogspot.com/ and if you want to see last year's participants you can go here: http://cqjp2012.blogspot.com/

I start in January! YAY!  So now I'm mulling over ideas, if I want to do 12 themed blocks or not and if so what theme?  I was considering the Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker but I don't have any of the fabrics that are available to use and I'd have to do a lot of scrambling for stash.  So I'm thinking that this year I will start to collect stash for that theme so that next year I can do Flower Fairies.

I'm also considering a Tea theme, I have always loved the tea themes and haven't gotten to ever complete a project in it.  I have stash for it already so I can get to creating any time I want.  It would be fun do do a Tea of the Month theme and have them put together in some way.  I've really been loving the art journals or books of yummy lace that are out there and have never made one.  Maybe I will combine it into a book of sorts that you can flip through and enjoy each block as a page.  It would be a nice way to show my work to people and it would be portable too, kinda like a coffee table book. LOL And it would be something I've never done before and would be totally new territory to explore.  I really love this idea.


No comments: