Friday, July 23, 2010

Monogram Tote Bag: F

Okay here is one of the tote bags I've been making, I had a marathon of them the last couple days since there are a ton of b-days coming up!!!
This one is for Fallon and she loves purple so I used the dark purple fabric with the gold swirl print for the "F". Then I took a fat quarter fabric that had some sweet prints of flowers on it and cut out the pretty purple flower. I also used a piece of lace from my bits'n'pieces stash. I sewed around all the edges using straight stitch setting and invisible thread! Don't let that fool you all the curves I had to go around on the flower...tons of work!
I added gold seed beads to the centers of the purple flowers and attached a metal butterfly!
The dangle from the strap is some eyelash yarn, ric-rack and white lace.

No comments: