Saturday, July 24, 2010

Monogram Tote Bag: K

Here is Kaity's Tote! Kaity loves the new Alice in Wonderland movie and loves the Mad Hatter so I used that as inspiration for her tote. She also loves purple!
For the dangle from the handle I created a faux fob with a bit of fabric I just running stitched along and gathered, a green bead, a yo-yo and a circular flower.
I stitched the "K" down with invisible thread, and created a shabby flower with scraps of fabric. I think the colors and frayed fabrics with the strip green leaves and the velveteen leaves and the green tatting are what make it look like something the Mad Hatter would make! I just cut out the leaves in the shape of a leaf and sewed them down the middle with the invisible thread!
The tote needed a little something more so I got the idea to make a patched butterfly too! I just winged it and cut out the shape of the wings in scraps and fiddled with placement, then sewed those down and then put the body piece over that and sewed down the middle. The little antennae I just cut a v shape scrap and snipped a v out the middle.
Don't you just love the shabby flower? The frayed pink print with the polka dot on top of the purples just seem too perfect and adding the tatting in too...!!! LOVE!

No comments: