Saturday, August 28, 2010

2010 ESD Enchanted Challenge: Fairy Treasure - Pretty Bow

Well finally inspiration has struck and creativity is flowing and I'm starting to get things done this challenge piece!
This bow fiber is a piece from the challenge packet and I was fiddling around and got the idea to try a bow with it and I really liked it so I started pinning and at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with it. I tend to get stuck with indecision about what I want to do and afraid that if I commit to it I may regret it later but then I realized what was going on and and decided that since I love it I should just DO it! So I started thinking about the seams underneath it and started to fill them in before sewing it down. All I do is unpin and do the seam and then re-pin after it's finished.
I also got the idea to add a key attached to the bow and I love the look of the jewelery finding in the center of the bow too.
The first seam I did was a simple feather stitch in dark green sulky holoshimmer thread.
Then I worked this seam in quarter buttonhole stitch with a thicker metallic thread and added tiny green seed pearls!
My little fairy, Peridot, loves to put little treasures she finds in the perfect spots in her garden! Who knows what treasures the key unlocks!?!

1 comment:

Jolanda said...

Beautiful. I like that. :))
B.Rgds.
Jolanda