Friday, August 27, 2010

Pillow Cover Birthday Gift

Wendy made Joseph a quilt for his birthday so I decided to make a pillow to go with it! What I love about Wendy's kids is that they LOVE handmade things just as much as cool toys and you know the made things will last longer!
What I did was cut out squares to fill an 18inch square and sewed them together. Because I used a large square for a BDU pocket I had to adjust the sizes of the other squares to make up for it. I'm "challenged" in the area of calculations so my wonderful hubby helped me out with that part! LOL Anyway I used reclaimed jean, plaid pants, BDU and ACU fabrics and added in a tie-dye fabric too!
It was a taste of traditional quilting for me and WOW does it really prove to me why I don't do traditional quilting! LOL But the reason I did it was that I wanted it to have the same square patch look as the quilt his Mom made.
I just sewed it together like the other pillow covers I've made are using the BDU and ACU fabrics.
Needless to say he LOVED it too!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

And he still loves it. :D He has to arrange his pillows just right each night before he goes to sleep! LOL Thank you so much!!! You are so sweet!