Wednesday, September 08, 2010

2010 ESD Enchanted Challenge: Fairy Treasure - Update, Heart Necklace

I added some straight stitches in gold holographic sulky thread! I may add more to the lace etc. later. I never really have a solid plan as I work it's kinda organic and free flowing, I go with what feels right and sometimes I have to wait awhile before I know what will go perfectly.
I've been learning a lot about myself, and my style of work as I'm working on this challenge piece. Starting to understand why I get stuck and what helps me get out of that and how my creativity flows and such. It's funny how art can reflect life too some of the same reasons for being stuck in my creative process are the same reasons I get stuck in other areas. And how a realization in one area helps the other area too! Sometimes I just marvel at how God created us like that! Truly we are fearfully and wonderfully made!
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. ~ Psalm 139:14
Here I added little gold bead caps with seed beads as little flowers in the vine!
I sewed on a crystal heart and used some of the challenge fiber as a necklace ribbon and tacked it on with gold holographic sulky thread! Above that is some of the challenge fiber ruched, sewn in place and a button added to the middle.
Here is a vine in progress I couched on the metallic thread. I'm adding beaded leaves and embossed beads along it to create a vine that winds through patches and the blocks helping to weave it all together.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

It looks so beautiful, I love your stichery!
Greetings from Germany
Susanne