Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Windsong Jewels: My work on Kari's Block

Here is what I worked on last night. This seam isn't finished yet. I'm planning on adding some running stitch roses with some leaves to the points of the scallops. I worked the chain stitch in scallops along the seam in a variegated hand dyed sewing thread I had bought at Joggles.com, then I added these interesting amber glass beads. I guesstimated with the scallops because I couldn't mark on the velvet and I didn't want to risk the chalky kind not coming out good. So they are a little crooked but not so noticeable that it's a bad thing...just a mark of it being hand done! Adds character!
Hey you all see that little tiny seam of silver fabric down in the right hand corner? I was wondering what I should do with it, if anything. What would you do? Leave it? Any idea's? I fiddled with putting a button or something but it all just looks weird so I'm thinking of leaving it alone and letting it just be.

No comments: