Today I worked on my block some more and finished the motif (for now, beads come later). Sharon B. suggested in her Encrusted CQ class that I just marry the colors into the block so that's what I did. I added the leaves in an in-between ivory color and then I added lazy daisy petals using the same 7mm variegated cream silk ribbon to the seam treatment.
I just love vining leaves! I'm trying to think of another way to add some more vining leaves in the upper left. I also need some suggestions on how to treat that lace in the upper left as well! I had originally thought I would lace it with ribbon but I tried to see how it would look and the gaps are just too big (using 7mm) and it looks weird!