Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Gift: SRE Embellished Family Portrait

This year for a Secret Santa gift exchange I got a sweet lady who has 4 adorable kids! So I got the idea to use a couple of their family photos and create something special with it. The finished project will be framed. For the background I used a sweet polka dot print and ironed on some photos printed on fabric sheets made for this. I also cut the photos into ovals. My plan is to do a lot of Silk Ribbon Embroidery around the photos and make it really special.
At the top I wanted the word "Family" so I used a word processing program to print out "Family" in the French Script Font. I then used a light box and traced it onto the fabric with pencil.
I stitched in the word using 1 strand green DMC floss in Stem Stitch and then started adding bead embroidery to the spaces of each letter. I used tiny size 15 seed beads.

1 comment:

Suztats said...

This will be a precious gift. I'll be checking in to watch your progress.