Saturday, December 08, 2007

More Gifts

Motif #18 of the 25 Motif Challenge
I tatted up this flower in some variegated magenta Rubi thread with seed beads at the tips and turned it into a pendant using the same thread for the necklace and silver tone findings. The pattern for the flower can be found Here at the Palmetto Tatters web site.
Here's a look at the gifts together.
I did a very simple design on this shirt, who says it has to be extravagant to look beautiful and embellish clothing? So I just did a very small vine dripping from the neck. The stem was 1 strand DMC floss in stem stitch and then I added straight stitch leaves in 4mm silk ribbon. I also added a small fire polished Czech glass flower bead with a magenta seed bead for the center.
I think it gives the shirt a nice touch.
Here's a look at the back. I just used a tiny bit of cut-away interfacing since the shirt is really stretchy.
Here is another gift for a couple in our church, I just love doing onesies for babies! The whole frog is using backstitch and colonial knots! Then a little stem stitch and lazy daisies for the small dragonfly. Oh and I backed the whole motif with a soft lightweight cut-away interfacing.

No comments: