Saturday, December 08, 2007

Scarves for Little Girls

I did another quick project for a couple of little girls at church. I just cut 2 strips of a soft silky fuzzy minky type fabric. I washed them so the fuzz won't be shedding from the edges. Then I took an awl and poked holes and then a dental floss threader and pulled strips of yarn using 4 different yarns and tied it. I used pink eyelash, white eyelash, white hairy, and cream fuzzy yarns.
For each girls monogram I just used 4mm pink and light green silk ribbon.
Purity's Scarf
I embroidered the 'P' in stem stitch and added a sweetheart rose and lazy daisy leaves.
Wisdom's Scarf
I embroidered the 'W' in split stitch and then added a sweetheart rose and lazy daisy leaves.
Wisdom is a lot younger so the scarf might be too big but I figure if not this year than she can wear it next year.

No comments: