Thursday, January 10, 2008

Victorian Style Motif

The other day I had some ideas for a Victorian style motif so I got to doodling and came up with a few ideas. Then I decided to embroider a purse. I chose some royal blue cotton velveteen and started creating my motif idea! I started with a U shape stitched in the stems with stem stitch and then adding ribbon stitch leaves. I also added 3 sweetheart roses to the bottom then I drew in the vines for the bottom section and embroidered it in. Next I felt the bottom middle needed something more so I found a chandelier jewelery finding that was heart shaped and embellished it with sweetheart roses and ribbon stitch leaves. I added a cameo button and embroidered sweetheart roses all around it. After all that I felt the motif still needed something more so I added glass pearls and 2 sweetheart roses on the outer vines. Now I just need to sew up the purse!
I'll be creating a pattern for this motif soon and hopefully create a few variations of it at the same time.

2 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Boy, that is really pretty!

Candi said...

Melissa, your bag is just lovely!! Your "signature" vines as always are beautiful:_
HUGZ:)
Candi