Friday, April 13, 2007

Military Formal

Here's my prettied up photo! With the dress that when I bought it a few years ago was tight and when the formal that I intended to wear it to came around was too small! Now I can wear it!!! WooHoo! I created the tatted heart pendant with Swarovski crystals and I cut a length of lace fabric I had in my CQ stash for my wrap.
I love this photo of me and my hubby! We went to Sonic for ice cream afterwards and the girl who served us asked if we just got married! LOL Funny thing is we are always asked if we are newlyweds but we have been married for 7 years! It's because we have so much fun together, my hubby is my best friend in the whole world!
I love this photo too, because you can see my dress and you can see my hubby's medals! He usually has the most medals in the room when we go to the formals, this time there were a few others that had as many but they've been in the Army for more years.
This last one you can see my flowers I picked from the garden, it's a wonderful smelling red rose with a purple clematis and a pink sweet pea all wrapped in a vintage hankie that has net lace edging.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Melissa, you and hubby look gorgeous...beautiful couple.
Love your tatted neckpiece too

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you look so beautiful in that dress and indeed you look like you are getting married, very pretty! Your necklace is gorgeous and very special!

hugs
ingeborg

jadedvintage said...

Melissa you are so beautiful! You and Gerard look great! I just love it.. now you HAVE to send me a picture of that! I am in the process of decorating our walls with pictures... and I need one of this FOR SURE!! And.... one of your '07 family portrait :) 'cause dat's got them pupppiieeesss in it!! lol!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I bet you got a lot of compliments on your tatted necklace. It is GORGEOUS!
I like your blog and I feel we have a lot in common. I too am a military spouse, I love my pets, I love tatting and I love the LORD!....Oooh and I love Etsy too!
Take care!

Melissa said...

Funny thing, I never get compliments on my tatted necklaces!!! The other day I wore one into a needlework store and I got my first compliments there but no one else ever seems to notice!

Thanks you each of you for your compliments! You all are very sweet!
Melissa

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

What a handsome and beautiful pair. I love the pic of you two cheek to cheek. That should be enlarged and framed.