Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Summer Breeze DYB RR: My Work on Maire's Blocks

Here's an overall photo of my progress on Maire's block.
The roses I'm adding in with the spiderweb roses are Cast-on stitch roses. I'm making them with 1 strand DMC floss in each color. This is my first time trying the cast-on stitch and creating this rose I think it's turning out well. You can see the start of the second one too.
I'm really wanting to add a bouquet that has lots of textures in lots of shades of blues.
On this spot there is not enough room to really embellish the lace so I added a point of interest by adding a blue glass heart bead with size 15 seed beads in the stem stitch around it.
I also added a tatted dagger bead dragonfly!
This seam is curved stems done in the outline stitch with bullion knots for the sepals with a smaller sized blue glass heart bead that dangles with a tiny size 15 amber seed bead at the tip, I thought it added some movement and interest to the block. I also put lazy daisy leaves with the same variegated thread but it seemed not heavy enough so I added size 11 seed beads to the middle of them.
I also added the word 'Love' in stem/outline stitch and I will be adding a flower of some sort to the 'L'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little cast on stitch rose!! It's so delicate and detailed! And I like the little curved flower seam with the heart bead at the tip, too! Beautiful job!
Jackie M.

LadyShuttleMaker said...

Wow, very very cool! Outstanding use of color and collage!