Thursday, April 26, 2007

Summer Breeze DYB RR: My work on Marie's Block

Finished! Here's an overall photo of Maire's Block you can click on it to see a large version. I really love the way it's turned out! I added some size 11 clear AB seed beads to the lady's hat.
I added Swarovski crystals to the centers of the spiderweb roses, and assorted Czech glass beads and size 15 seed beads. I also added sweetheart roses in sets of three and lots of cream french knot flowers as filler. I added back stitch stems and ribbon stitch leaves. Last I added 3 metal butterfly beads.
For this bouquet I was really trying to get a lot of texture in and push myself. There were a few moments where I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out well, as I finished the flowers it was looking crowded to me but I still had stems and leaves to fill in. The amazing thing was as I added stems and leaves it pulled together and looks just right!
When looking at the photo of this seam I thought it needed a little something more so I added little bees in light gold and cream. I made them with a bullion knot for the body with 2 stitches couching the body, a french knot head, lazy daisy wings, and a running stitch flight path.
On the 'Love' I added a sweetheart rose and 2mm ribbon stitch leaves.

Click Here and Here to see more details and descriptions of how I embellished the block.
Click Here to see all the Summer Breeze posts

1 comment:

Jo in NZ said...

You have done a beautiful job with this Melissa. Love the blues, which is not a colour I would usually work in...and I need to brag, because I get to actually hold this block in my hands sometime in the future.