Friday, April 20, 2007

A rose by any other name...

This month I chose the Twirled Ribbon Rose. I found instructions for it Here but you have to scroll down the page for it. I learned mine from the A-Z of Ribbon Embroidery book which is one of my favorites. Click Here for a great tutorial by Leslie S.
My first and second attempts didn't turn out and if you look closely at the photo you'll see what looks like 2 little seed stitches...LOL...those are my first two tries! I couldn't really get the hang of it I think I'd need to practice it more to get really good results. I also tried it in 7mm silk ribbon and it was still just as elusive to me. The other thing I don't really care for is that you have to make tacking stitches with a matching thread so that the rose stays in place. Overall I don't think I'll be using this one very much since I love the sweetheart rose so much and it seems easier to me. I can see that it could have it's uses though.
I always believe that it's good to try new things, but you don't have to stick with something you don't like...that's the beauty of just giving it a try because you never know what you will love or not care for unless you explore!
So go give it a try who knows you may love this rose!

No comments: