Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tatting: Tudor Rose

Motif #22 of the 25 Motif Challenge
I made this motif called "Tudor Rose" in Lyn Morton's book "Tatting Patterns". I just love this book, I just got it last week and I love the designs, the photos are great and the instructions are good too. They are in the written out style but also have diagrams. Funny tip...just do what the instructions say even if it sounds odd! LOL I changed some things because I didn't quite understand why it said to do certain things and as a result the flower puckers, and I now understand why the directions said what they did! LOL I guess sometimes you have to learn by trial and error!
Anyway back to this flower, I made it for my jean purse for the Tatting Treasures from Trash Challenge, in pink size 10 DMC Cebellia thread. It's first draft quality but that's what the challenge is about using up all those bits you have that would otherwise go unused...and if I made a better one just for the purse this one would go unused! LOL
Now I'm off to make more flowers from this book...it really is great! Tons of patterns I want to do out of it!

No comments: