Monday, June 04, 2007

Pincushion Swap

Once I decided on a pincushion pattern to do, I got to work on it! I had been tatting up a clover edging at the time and thought it would be perfect as a circular motif on the pincushion so I finished tatting it up and then sewed it onto the fabric. Then I embellished my tatting with alternating glass pearls and Silk Ribbon embroidery. Then I added tiny pink size 15 seed beads to the picots at the tips of each clover. The Silk Ribbon Embroidery I did was sweetheart roses in 4mm YLI silk ribbon and in the center I added 3 ribbon stitch leaves in 4mm silk ribbon.
My swap partner loves Victorian things and I hope I succeeded in a vintage Victorian feel. I want her to be able to use it so I left open space at the top and the fabric I used doesn't show holes when needles or pins are removed.
The pincushion is made with CD's as a base and is about 5 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches tall. No glue was used making this pincushion it is all hand stitched together!

2 comments:

Ulla said...

Wonderful romantic beautiful tatting and pincushion.

Just love it.
Ulla in the north of Sweden

Shell said...

your work is lovely!! this tatted pin cushion is gorgeous, I like all of your embellishments