Thursday, September 06, 2007

New Long Term Project

I've been considering for sometime to start a long term project of a crazy quilt bedspread but never thought I could realisticly tackle it. Since I just moved and am putting together my home again I thought now would be the time to start it. It will be queen sized and consist of 120 eight inch blocks. I'm planning on embelishing the blocks very simply so that the finished bedspread can be washable if needed. Here are the colors of fabrics I'm planning on using. I love the white on whites, creams and light golds so that's what this will be. I've already pre-ripped 120 twelve inch muslin squares, now they just need to be marked at the 8 inch and 9 inch and I can start piecing. I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing this, I'd like to try to get it done in a year which would mean 10 blocks a month. If I need to take longer I will though I don't want to wear myself out but it will be a nice WISP (work in slow progress) to work on.


2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is beautiful fabric and I cannot wait to see the end result a year or two from now.

Virgi said...

This is going to be a big challenge to acomplish! Good luck!
and happy blooging!