Friday, September 28, 2007

White on White CQ Block

I've FINALLY finished my White on White CQ Block that I had started almost a year ago for the Encrusted CQ online class. I added some beads to the large SRE motif and to the vines on the left as well as added a small SRE motif to left of those. I added some glass pearls to the little motif as well as a tiny clear Swarovski crystal butterfly. Then I finished up the tail of the bow!
As I was looking back on my old posts I realized I totally forgot about my tatted fern I was going to use on the little SRE motif!!! Oops! I guess I should have looked before I went ahead and finished the block today! The tatted fern would have looked so nice! I guess that's what I get for putting it off and picking it back up a couple of months later.
I'm going to make a few more blocks and create a wall hanging to coordinate with my bedspread I am making, but for now I decided to tack it up to the wall in my bedroom. Not as elegant as it will be when it's a finished wall hanging, but hey it's better than being tucked away in a drawer. Plus maybe it'll give me inspiration to work harder on my bedspread?

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

Your work is simply stunning. I am so impressed, and I love watching your works in progress. Your note and flowers arrived today. Thank you for that thoughtful addition!
TM

Anonymous said...

WOW This is BEAUTIFUL! Stunning. I haven't quilted in ages. I ddo dogital scrapbooking for creativity but I miss quilting.

You have inspired me. Maybe after I move I can get started again.

Thanks for the inspiration!