Thursday, July 12, 2007

White on White CQ Block

I've done a little more on this block by using the Caron Rachelette thread. I whipped the buttonhole seam with it, added straight stitches of it in-between the fuzzy spots on the lace, and couched a bow with the tails wandering in the upper left corner. One tail wanders to the little button cluster and the other tail will wander to the motif where the tatting will go.
I'm also tatting up some fern with some fine cream sewing thread. I wanted to add a bit of tatting to the block somehow! That sewing thread is really tiny though and it's hard to close the teeny-tiny rings. I have to tat very very gently with it so it will close easier. It seems like the smaller the thread the more gently and lightly you need to tat...I wonder if thats where the saying "The gentle art of tatting" comes from?

No comments: