Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Breeze DYB RR: My work on Jo's Blocks

I got Jo's blocks in the mail today and I'm excited to start working on them! I remembered Jo blogging about a piece of jewelery she got with her 6th block in mind when they are returned to her and that has been my inspiration for this block. I love elegance so I'm really excited to be working with an elegant theme using the tones of the block. I picked this block because of the radiating lines, I just love the look of blocks pieced like this. It will challenge me a bit since it's asking for seam treatments so I'm excited to push myself in that area. I plan to bead around the cameo with white pearly beads and make it a pretty focal point. I'd like to make some tatting for the block but I'm not sure exactly of what I'd want yet.

3 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

Melissa, it looks beautiful so far. I actually would love to see of your SRE on my block... it wouldn't be you otherwise!!
Have fun.

Melissa said...

Thank you Jo!!! I will for sure then, I've already started on the vine for the gold flowers!

laurie in maine said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the rewritten tatted Sweatheart pattern for needle tatters you are credited for at
http://www.geocities.com/birgit_ph/sweetheart.html

Thanks to your rewritten pattern I finally "got" when to reverse work! I've only been trying needle tatting for a couple of weeks but the "light went on" as I tried following your version of the pattern :)