Tuesday, July 24, 2007

His & Hers Pillowcase Set

The past few weeks I've been off and on working on this His & Hers pillowcase set for me and my hubby. Today I finally finished, washed, dried and ironed them! The stitches I used were stem/outline, satin, lazy daisy, and silk ribbon embroidered sweetheart rose, I also used a few hidden tacking stitches to secure the sweetheart roses a little extra. I got the pattern from an Aunt Martha Iron-On. I'm so happy to have my very own set of embroidered pillowcases! I've never owned any embroidered linens before, but I've made some as gifts for others though.

5 comments:

coral-seas said...

Just lovely, Melissa. I like the love heart on the i, that's a nice touch.

CA

NormaH said...

Melissa, they are beautiful as your work always is. I've embroidered several sets for my hubby and I through the years and was on the receiving end (several times) from my grandmother. Enjoy!!!!!!

Candi said...

Oh Melissa beautiful job! As always your work is just too much!!(In a very very awesome way:) )
HUGZ:)
Candi

Vanessa said...

They came out beautiful. Look so professional.
I am just getting into hand embroidery myself and downloaded a free pattern from the coats and clark website. Taking it with me on vacation. Hope I do it justice!
Where are there designs to copy and print on the web???? Hard to find.
Thanks
Vanessa
butterflyjones03@yahoo.com

Sharon said...

The pillowcases came out really well. Your stitching is so precise the lines look as if they were written with a pen. Beautiful job.