Friday, July 27, 2007

Tablecloth FINISHED!!!

About a year ago when I was just starting out with embroidery, I started on a silk ribbon embroidery tablecloth and napkin set project. I used a practical pre-made stain resistant tablecloth and napkins that I got at Bed, Bath & Beyond so that I could use the set without as much fear of it getting ruined. I had finished all 8 of the floral motifs, 4 on the tablecloth and 4 napkins. The floral pattern is from an Anna Griffin Iron-on booklet but I used my own colors instead of the recommended ones. I had started on the split stitch border (my own idea) but didn't get very was the same thing over and over and I had other projects that were more exciting calling to know how it is! LOL So it became a UFO (Un-Finished Object) until I had the patience to sit and stitch it. As we were packing up our stuff I saw it and decided to keep it with me to work on...then I started working on it while waiting and today I finally finished it!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAY!!!!!!!!! I also learned my patience for doing the same stitch over and over has grown and it was very soothing for me during the stress of moving. It did seem like the border took more work than all 8 motifs in a way, because it's so big. The larger photo is the tablecloth spread out on a queen sized air mattress.
I think this is the biggest project I've ever embroidered and finished!
Once we are all moved in and unpacked I'll have to set up the table with this set and update this blog post!


LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This looks lovely Melissa. Congratulations on completing it!
From one military spouse to another, I hear you about the "stess" of moving.

Ninu said...

very beautiful melissa,flowers look soo nice... kudos for ur patience ...