Friday, January 14, 2011

Lace Headband

 I absolutely adore this lace and I use a lot of it in my crazy quilting so I had a large motif cut out and stashed in my lace bin.  Well one day I saw a headband for sale that used a vintage applique and loved it so much that it gave me the idea to make my own!  I love to be able to insert my favorite things into my style/wardrobe and headbands are one accessory I love to use.
 Here's how I created it:  I bought some blank metal headbands (came in a set of 3) and sewed the lace onto the band.  You can see my stitches in the photo below.  I also let part of the bottom free to float away from the band.  I'll have to make more headbands and clips from some of my fave bits in my stash!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

very cleaver and it looks beautiful on you