Monday, January 24, 2011

Tea Party Piece Brewing!

 I have a Tea Party themed piece brewing!!!  It's been in my brain for a long time to do a tea party themed piece and I feel that now is the right time to get it going!  I've started collecting some things with it in mind.  I've had the 2 tea themed fabrics that you see at in the top of the photos for a few years now and have used them in a couple of projects.  One was a tea cozy for a friend which I ADORE it was so amazing!  And the other I used in a little block that is now hanging framed in my guest bathroom!
I saw the fabric with all the tea cups and had to have a piece of it!  I thought they would make great appliques!  Then recently I was looking through fabrics and that sweet rose print stood out and I just KNEW that was going to be my inspiration fabric.  Shades of Pinks, Greens and a touch of yellow and cream I think will be my color theme!  Now I still need to gather fabrics to possibly use in piecing and begin!  We will see how things turn out as I piece.
I decided I want a large piece put together in 9 blocks. Each block will be 6 inches to create an 18x18 finished piece which will be framed.
I'd also love to get this Tea Pots 2 to Applique book and applique a tea pot etc. on the piece!
 I've also had Tea Parties!  And I collect Antique China which the patterns inspire me!

3 comments:

Shawkl said...

Melissa, those fabrics are gorgeous! And I know your tea party project will be delightful, can't wait to see it.

I finished a tea block challenge a few weeks ago for the HGTV Message Board swap...and have photos on my blog if you need extra inspiration.
We used your teacup fabric in each block.

Big Hugs!

Kathy

Cathy said...

Hi Melissa! Well, you know I will be watching to see how this develops! Seeing the fabrics you have selected, I know you must have recognized several of them in my Tea Time wall-hanging (that was just auctioned off on Ebay). Have fun, dearie! Hugs, Cathy

Bluebell said...

Hello Melissa, I am a newcomer to crazy quilting and I just found your blog, I will visit a lot, I love the teacups.
Jill