Monday, January 14, 2013

CQJP 2013: Teapot Details

I am so loving the teabag tag!!!  So the little details that have been added is stitching all along the edges in a brown thread.  I think it helps, though not as much as I would have liked.  Then I did some tiny back stitching in the same thread along the lid and top of pot area.  That helped give it more dimension the lid fabric lays more flat and the pot fabric puffs to make it look more 3D.

For the teabag tag I took a couple of fabrics, a criss-cross print and a words print, and ironed on some normal interfacing then cut out the squares to give me clean edges with a more paper-like feel.  Then I took a couple of tiny stitches on the 2 ends with clear thread to hold the pieces together.  Next I used some size 80 white tatting thread for the string.  Took a couple of stitches at the top of the tag which holds it into place (conveniently covering the odd-ball red rose...muah hahaha), then took the thread back to the top and took a wrap at the top of those stitches and then under that loop and up to the top to let it "come out" at the lid.  The string is movable and the tag can flap!  And I love that "Love" is on the tag...it's so cute!!!

OH an seeing that cute criss-cross fabric makes me think of wafer cookies!!!  Future idea in the making!!!  This little Tea Book is going to be so cute!!!  I'm getting more and more ideas, maybe a tag or something that says "Brew The Tea" or "First Brew The Tea"...I love how the fabric books have little sayings in them that go with the images in the pages.

And is it just me or am I the only one that thinks it's proper to brew the tea in the pot NOT the cup!  LOL  I always think it's so wrong for just hot water to be in the pot and teabags be set out for the teacups...that method is for MUGS where you don't use a teapot!!! LOL  Just my opinions on the subject...just in case you wanted to know...HAHAHA ;-)  And I don't just use bags I'll do both loose and bags, it's true, loose tea is better!  LOL

3 comments:

Madhatterz said...

I have admired your work for a long time. This tea pot is adorable. You are so talented! The brown embroidery around the tea pot makes it look like porcelain. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

Anonymous said...

BeauTEAful. Simply beauTEAful.

Judy in MS

margaret said...

finished to perfection, a wonderful teapot. I am even more old fashioned I still use tea leaves not bags.