Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Operation Snowflake: Bonus Snowflake for February

I felt like tatting another snowflake this month as well.  So here's what I am working on.  It's a snowflake by Sharon Briggs.  It was nice and easy, with all the same stitch count between picots.  Not sure why I have a thing for thrown rings, I just like them, the clovers on the outer edge are thrown, and to me it's a super easy technique too.





Tatting all these snowflakes and seeing how they are designed, helps me start seeing creative possibilities in simple basic designs that can be added to in several ways.

2 comments:

CrazyKwilter said...

I love thrown rings too! I think they add a nice touch to the design. They look more complicated than they really are.

That's a nice snowflake, thanks for sharing it. I must pull out my tatting supplies...

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I also love thrown rings! I feel like I'm really doing some advanced tatting! ;-)