Progress photo of the Tea Cozy for a friend!
I got the idea for this rose from the Tea and Roses print in the center. What I did for the stem was take 3 strands of size 5 Perle Cotton and thread it and bring the needle to the top then I twisted it and brought the needle to the back the distance I wanted it. Then I got another needle with only 1 strand of the size 5 Perle Cotton and couched along the twisted stem. Then I added the leaflet stems using stem stitch adding 13mm green silk ribbon in ribbon stitch leaves. The rose I made using 7mm pink silk ribbon in ribbon stitches, I wish the look of it had turned out a little better but my hubby says it looks beautiful so I will leave it as is, no rose is perfect, I'm not perfect, so I will accept it. If it had been truly awful looking I would tear it out, but it is not awful, just not perfectly what I had in mind. I also added fallen petals sprinkled around using ribbon stitch also in 7mm ribbon. Under the rose is a piece of lace that I thought looked like a table cloth or doily under the teapot.
Almost finished beading in the butterfly!