Sunday, December 10, 2006
I worked on my Christmas gift for my Dad and his wife, Joyce Hope. They love bright colors so I had the idea to create a set of hand towels that I knew they both would love with the Johnson 'J' on them. Click Here to see their bathroom! I started in July, but that 6 inch floral 'J' was so much work and the terrycloth so hard to stitch on, there was just no way I was going to do 3 more! So I came up with the genius idea to make the other 3 smaller letters on the band area so I drew up a few ideas for J's and this is what I settled on. (I had been doodling in my visual journal with J's just the other day so this one was already in there and I just ran with it for this idea) I took the air-erasable pen and drew the 'J' and then stem stitched it on. I'm going to do 3 five petaled french knot flowers on each 'J' with some ribbon stitch leaves tucked in with them and 3 on the end of the 'J'. This way it won't take me near as long to finish, and it's a wonderful matching set.