♥ ♥ ♥ Buzzing around to all kinds of creative things...
Friday, December 01, 2006
In The Garden RR: Lillian's block
Last night and this afternoon I worked on adding some beads to the painted lace and then on a new motif that would help bring balance to the block. I also added beads to the SRE motif. I still haven't put the leaves on the vine yet but it is so easy to do that I figured I'd better go with my idea for the SRE motif before I forgot. I love how it turned out! It's like I followed a pattern but I didn't! I'm so proud of it! I even tried 2 new stitches (flowers) on it too. The french knot flower, which is the little yellow ones, and the twisted chain stitch as some rose buds! I love those little twisted chain stitch rose buds and I am thinking of using them for my next "A rose by any other name" challenge. They really make the perfect little bud and I am very impressed with them. I learned them in Sharon's Encrusted CQ online class. They are very easy too. The motif has roses and purple clematis and it's like a wonderful bouquet right out of my garden! I think I want to make something similar on a jacket collar!