Friday, December 01, 2006

In The Garden RR: Lillian's block

Last night and this afternoon I worked on adding some beads to the painted lace and then on a new motif that would help bring balance to the block. I also added beads to the SRE motif. I still haven't put the leaves on the vine yet but it is so easy to do that I figured I'd better go with my idea for the SRE motif before I forgot. I love how it turned out! It's like I followed a pattern but I didn't! I'm so proud of it! I even tried 2 new stitches (flowers) on it too. The french knot flower, which is the little yellow ones, and the twisted chain stitch as some rose buds! I love those little twisted chain stitch rose buds and I am thinking of using them for my next "A rose by any other name" challenge. They really make the perfect little bud and I am very impressed with them. I learned them in Sharon's Encrusted CQ online class. They are very easy too.
The motif has roses and purple clematis and it's like a wonderful bouquet right out of my garden! I think I want to make something similar on a jacket collar!
Click on the photos to see closer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
It looks very pretty! Your SRE is very nice, and is it little jewels you put in the center of the roses and flowers on the lace? Looks great!
Jackie M.