Tuesday, December 26, 2006

His and Hers

Here is the last of my hand made Christmas gifts. These are for my brother Aaron and his wife Echo. Echo reads my blog so I couldn't put these up until after Christmas!
The pattern is from one of the iron on transfers from Aunt Martha's that I got at WalMart. The pattern is transferred onto some eggshell/ecru colored Egyptian cotton pillowcases. I used DMC floss in black and purple. One strand for the stem stitch for the thin lines and outlines, then I used 3 strands for filling in the satin stitch. 'His' is black with a purple heart and 'Hers' is purple with a touch of green (1 strand DMC floss) for the stem and leaves (stem stitch and lazy daisy) and some light lavender flowers in 4mm silk ribbon french knots with a yellow colonial knot center done in 2 strands DMC floss.

No comments: